[Stackless] http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2007-April/000142.html

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Fri Apr 6 20:35:23 CEST 2012

Here is a proposed diff file.
Note that this change doesn't actually change the object layout, it merely changes the header definition of PyHeapTypeObject.
Thinking about the problem, I don't see that there is a binary incompatibility between stackless and objects built against vanilla python27.  The extra "slpflags" is always at the end, and in the case of PyTypeObject padded so far that tthis type has the same size as PyHeapTypeObject.  It is only present if the "stackless" flag is present in the type.
So, I think that PyQT and PySide, if compiled against vanilla python, would work against stackelss.  This proposed change makes the convenient change that these extensions can be compiled against stackless headers as well, if need be.