[Stackless] Still getting crashes with PySide

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sun Dec 2 00:37:23 CET 2012

On 23.11.12 21:49, Richard Tew wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:10 AM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
>> C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PySide\examples\mainwindows\sdi\sdi.py
>>
>> Richard, can you please tell me the version of Qt and PySide?
>>
>> I will try that on OS X, first, because I'm busy with building PySide
>> anyway. What did you install, a win installer package, a pip thing
>> or from source?
> I installed PySide-1.1.2.win32-py2.7.exe which I downloaded from the
> PySide website.  It uses QT 4.8 going by the PyPI page.
>
> Yes, sdi.py, like most examples crashes on exit for me.  But every
> example I recall trying crashed in much the same way.

It would actually be very convenient to have an example that simply crashes
without user intervention (which "close application" usually is).
Even more, can you mace your app crash even before the app is actually run?
This way I could know better where the case happens.

ciao - chris

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023