[Stackless] Still getting crashes with PySide

lars van Gemerden lars at rational-it.com
Sun Dec 2 12:12:22 CET 2012

Hi Chris,

"One thing would be interesting but involves tome work:
Can you install PyQt instead and try the same?"

I am considering whether i could do so efficiently, setting up my libs etc.
isn't really my strong suit and i have quite a complex program.

Is there some symptom, test, etc. that could help me determine whether a
crash is due to the stackless/PySide combination? Maybe the .dll that
crashed? In that case I could switch when i am reasonably sure that the
PySide code actually triggers the crash. Otherwise i'd have to switch,
continue working with PyQt and if no seemingly related crash occurs for say
2 weeks, report back, which seems a bit roundabout.

Would it be useful if i send the windows error (APPCRASH ... etc.)?

BTW: Most of the crashes i suspect of being related happen during program
startup, so before any user interaction.

Cheers, Lars

--
Lars van Gemerden
lars at rational-it.com