[Stackless] stackless windows 8 compatibility?

lars van Gemerden lars at rational-it.com
Thu Dec 6 12:15:17 CET 2012

I cannot get my code to run on my win8 laptop. I am working with a
combination of:

   - Stackless Python 2.7.2
   - Qt 4.8.4
   - PySide 1.1.2
   - Eclipse/Pydev and WingIDE

This works well on my Win7 PC, but now i have bought a demo laptop with
windows 8. As far as I know all is installed the same way as on my PC.

When i run my program (same code) now, i get a warning:

"Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!"

Ok, so that could be the source of my problem, but also i get errors:

   - some times the program just quits after the warning above (i think
   only eclipse)
   - sometimes i get an APPCRASH (i think only eclipse)
   - sometimes i get the exception: TypeError: Error when calling the
   metaclass bases: mro() returned base with unsuitable layout ('')
   - sometimes i get the exception: TypeError: Error when calling the
   metaclass bases: multiple bases have instance lay-out conflict

Especially the last two don't seem like a windows problem, but i don't see
any other difference with my PC win7 install. Could/does stackless have as
compatibility probelm with Win8? Should i try some compatibility setting on
some .dll?

Cheers, Lars

--
Lars van Gemerden