[Stackless] Documentation confusion

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sat Dec 8 00:47:52 CET 2012

Hi friends,

Today I browsed through the stackless website and tried to find out
if we have clear instructions how to build stackless on windows.

Result: we don't, really. We have stuff scattered over different
resources, but I ended up referring Lars to the python developer
site http://docs.python.org/devguide/

At the moment, we have several sources of great documentation
but all a bit out of date. For instance:

We have this on channels:
http://stackless.com/wiki/Channels

and this:
http://www.disinterest.org/resource/stackless/2.6-docs-html/library/stackless/channels.html

So my questions are:
*Where* should the main documentation live?
Is the Wiki the right place, or should it be on disinterest?

I would like to update things a bit to the latest versions,
and also update the docs for new features, like the upcoming pip
installer from Anselm, the API changes and additions from Kristjan etc.

I also found infos about using buildbot to create stackless installers
from Richard:
http://posted-stuff.blogspot.de/2009/10/building-windows-python-installer.html

And there is an interesting project where I never heard from:
http://code.google.com/p/sake/

This is not a complete list, just what came up while searching for
stackless, windows, install etc.

Somehow I think we should have a central resources page that collects all
useful stuff (partially there in the wiki, but a bit hard to access)

And we should decide about what is to be where, update documentation
and remove misleading redundancy.
And it would be great if every developer has write access to every
documentation.

No objection to the currnetly used web sites (modulo missing write access),
but resources like python.org can be used as well, or readthedocs, github,
bitbucket, ....

I would like to work a bit on documentation, wherever that is.

What is your opinion?

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023