[Stackless] Still getting crashes with PySide

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Dec 10 13:03:00 CET 2012

Hi Lars,

I did a stackless compilation on OS X and built PySide for this (after
patching),
but even that did not improve the situation.

For the differing files:
Grep for the string "stackless" and you find 95 % of the files.
Maybe a bit is determined by "slp".

ciao - chris

On 10.12.12 12:42, lars van Gemerden wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> which files do actually differ between stackless and vanilla python
> (2.7.2)? Should i build the whole solution/python build? Building the
> solution file gives me a lot of missing file errors and a huge amount
> of files that make no sense to me.
>
> Cheers, Lars
>

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Christian Tismer
> <tismer at stackless.com <mailto:tismer at stackless.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey Lars,
>
>     I have to admit that I didn't build Stackless on Windows for a
>     long time.
>     But Visual Studio 2008 works definately.
>     There is also a pip version in the works, stackless as a
>     pseudo-plugin...
>
>     Well, to build it if you have Visual Studio, take the whole
>     project download
>     from mercurial:
>
>     hg clonehttp://hg.python.org/stackless/
>     hg update v2.7.2-slp
>
>     Then open the project with Visual Studio in pcbuild, select the
>     right version for building (32bit, since PySide is 32bit)
>     and compile it.
>
>     The notes on cpython are applicable as well:
>
>     http://docs.python.org/devguide/setup.html#windows-compiling
>     and the express version of VStudio 2008 should work (but I never used it)
>
>     http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14597
>
>     cheers - chris
>

>     On 12/7/12 8:38 PM, lars van Gemerden wrote:
>>     He Chris,
>>
>>     I assume that the repair just replaced all files included in the
>>     download, but given the date i am pretty sure it is the same
>>     download i already had.
>>
>>     What compiler would you recommend to build from source (last time
>>     i programmed in C(++) was around 1996)?
>>
>>     Cheers, Lars
>>

>>     On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Christian Tismer
>>     <tismer at stackless.com <mailto:tismer at stackless.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi Lars,
>>
>>         what exactly did you load?
>>
>>         The patch from Anselm is from 2012-09-28.
>>
>>         python-2.7.2-stackless.msi is still from 2011-12-12.
>>         As far as I can see, all installers and binary packages are
>>         older than the patch.
>>
>>         Eek - you would need to build from source I think.

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023