[Stackless] Still getting crashes with PySide

lars van Gemerden lars at rational-it.com
Wed Dec 19 14:48:47 CET 2012

I haven't had any suspect crashes for a while.

However i noticed that Shiboken.ObjectType (type(QtCore.QObject) in PySide)
does not behave like a normal metaclass:

from PySide import QtCore
import abc

class newmeta(type(QtCore.QObject), abc.ABCMeta):
    pass

class Aclass(object):
    __metaclass__ = newmeta

a = Aclass()

gives the following windows error:

  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: python.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 4ef15bdc
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 5308ec83
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Notice the:

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

I dont know if this helps in any way, but since i noticed StackHash_0a9e in
the error, i thought i'd report.

Cheers, Lars

PS: I've given up on building stackless python myself, i really dont have
sufficient knowledge do do it in limited time.

--
Lars van Gemerden
lars at rational-it.com
+31 6 26 88 55 39