[Stackless] Stackless mercurial repository live

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:22:48 CET 2012

2012/1/3 Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com>:
> So Richard, whatever came out of this?
> Also, can you give me a brief overview on how the repository is laid out?  From my quick overview, it appears to be a clone of the python repository, with stackless 2.7 and 3.2 branches created by branching off the original ones (non stackless), applyling the stackless delta and checking in as new branches.
> So, do things work now?
> I just upgraded to the latest tortoiseHg client, synced the repo and so on.  Any tips and tricks?  I'm still not very familiar with the hg world.

I find tortoisehg to be too confusing, so just use the command-line
tools.  I don't know if I use this stuff right but here's my workflow:

cd some-directory
hg clone ssh://hg@hg.python.org/stackless

hg clone stackless stackless-32
cd stackless-32
hg branch 3.2-slp
hg update
cd ..

hg clone stackless stackless-27
cd stackless-27
hg branch 2.7-slp
hg update
cd ..

For the most part from then, it is just committing, pushing and
pulling changesets.  The only thing I use tortoiseHG for is to
cherry-pick revisions as it has a useful option to do that, and doing
it from the command line is an enigma.