[Stackless] python-272 test hang

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 03:48:15 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Roger Florkowski
<rflorkowski at mypublisher.com> wrote:
> My environment is fedora-14, 32bit.
>
> I have python-271-export ... just started upgrading to 272.  I can run
> teststackless over and over against the 271-export without any issues.   The
> 272-export, its random ... sometimes it completes ... sometimes it will hang
> forever on this test (50/50 it will fail):
>
>    Test that the last runnable tasklet cannot be blocked on a channel. ...
>
> If it gets stuck, I cannot ctrl-c out of the "make teststackless".   I have
> to put it to sleep and kill -9.
>
> If there's any additional info I can provide (or if this is the wrong place
> to report such an issue) - let me know.

This is the correct place to report it, thanks.  At this time, I can't
think of any additional information you can provide offhand.  I'll
take a look at the source code when I get the chance and let you know.

But.. this is the sort of bug that should happen on all platforms
consistently, so should have happened when I ran the tests on either
Windows or Linux before release.