[Stackless] python-272 test hang

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 22:47:21 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Roger Florkowski
<rflorkowski at mypublisher.com> wrote:
> I agree that if the test is going to fail, it should just fail (independent of which linux platform).
> On the theory that it might be platform related, I have other platforms I can compile on later today.
> We're primarily "redhat" shop, so it would be centos-5.x and centos-6.x.   The fed-14 machine is
> just a dev box.

Can you try the attached unittest patch and let me know the results?

It tries to ensure that any unittests which start up and find existing
Python threads consider it a failure.  Also, when a test finishes, it
will try and wait for the existing Python threads to exit or consider
it a failure as well.  Really, all this should be base TestCase
boilerplate logic for all the Stackless unit tests, but verifying it
fixes your problem should be a good first step before I push it to the
HG repository.