[Stackless] Building Stackless 2.7 on Ubuntu 11.10 i386

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 03:41:31 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Anthony S. Neal
<anthony at anthonyneal.com> wrote:
> I have been attempting to build Stackless, with very little luck, on Ubuntu
> Desktop 11.10 i386, with a vanilla install of the OS. After no luck picking
> and choosing packages and attempting rebuilds, consulting numerous blogs, I
> finally decided to start by attempting to build Python 2.7.2, and proceed
> from there.

Not sure.  On stackless.com, I get the same output compiling for both
mainline Python and Stackless.  Really, there should be no difference
in behaviour as the relevant source code should be exactly the same.

One thing you could try doing, is deleting the 'configure' file and
regenerating it.  Then compiling.  That may make a difference.