[Stackless] Building Stackless 2.7 on Ubuntu 11.10 i386

Anthony S. Neal anthony at anthonyneal.com
Tue Jan 17 06:36:26 CET 2012

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response. I've rebuilt my virtual machine and did a
fresh export from my svn checkout of the stackless source. same results.

     Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these
modules were not found:
     _bsddb        _sqlite3        _ssl
     dbm            gdbm            linuxaudiodev
     ossaudiodev    zlib
     To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules()
for the module's name.

     Failed to build these modules:
     crypt        nis

I have noticed that the openssl headers and libraries are not located in
Ubuntu where the setup.py seems to think they should be.

I'll see if I can fix-up the setup.py to make this work.

Thanks,
Anthony