[Stackless] is there any detail about eve's stacklessio technology?

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:58:13 CEST 2012

I am sending this offlist as it is not really stackless related, but feel
free to reply on-list if you wish.

I have embedded stackless into a couple of different programs of which it
was quite a great fit for, but for servers of anything of this sort I have
always had the base system run on Erlang.  As Erlang sounds like the exact
fit that CCP is trying to use stackless python for, I am curious how it
compares to how an Erlang based system would be.  Do you have any knowledge
of the Erlang language and systems to make sure a comparison, or anything I
could clarify about it?  I love using Python, but I have never been able to
get the performance that I need out of it since I traditionally do
massively parallel work and the GIL just... hurts, hence why I just use it
as an embedded scripting language for client programs, but not for our
server use.