[Stackless] Stackless formula for Homebrew on Mac

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Mon Jul 16 21:37:51 CEST 2012

On 7/14/12 10:25 AM, Richard Tew wrote:
> If you get it in, and this means (brew, formulas.. and for that matter
> MacOS are confusing to me) that MacOS users can just install stackless
> from source with no extra work, let us know and we'll point the
> downloads page to the appropriate place with a mention.

Wasn't accepted for the master, they wanted it at most keg only, gave up
on that for the moment. They mentioned to have a hell of a lot of Python
problems on the Mac interfering with the system one, so they were not
really enthusiastic about having yet another 'Python'.

Be it as it is, there is still the way to go without forking and simply
do a brew create, with a new formula called 'stackless' and paste the
attached file into it in full, replacing the presented boilerplate Ruby
code and then do a brew install stackless, living with your local formula.

Enjoy, Werner