[Stackless] cross-compilation for openwrt

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 02:10:54 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Николай Новиков <kolan_n at mail.ru> wrote:
> Hello all.
> I am newby in writing makefiles and shell-scripts, so some of the questions
> my be stupid.

I know nothing about openwrt, these answers are general ones.

> 1 What variables should i set before calling ./configure to make
> cross-compilation for openwrt?

Same as you would set for cross-compilation of normal Python.  Given
an order of magnitude more people use normal Python, chances are that
there are many many more who may know, rather than the several hundred
(at most) on this mailing list.

> 2 What are the dependencies of stackless python?

Same as normal Python.  Note that the one core Stackless-specific
requirement, is that Stackless has assembly language at it's core.
For cross-compilation to another platform to work, if the suitable
existing assembly language routine does not exist, it will need to be
written.  Now, greenlet is a spinoff of Stackless Python and it
includes the same and similar assembly language routines, so if
someone has gotten that working on openwrt and Stackless does not
already have a suitable routine for whatever openwrt runs on, then you
may be able to obtain a routine from there.

> 3 I had digged a little and  found that someone had tryed to make SP  for
> openwrt. Has he suceed? What patches for  2.7.2 do I need and what are they?

If it is not on the list, it is unlikely anyone here knows.  You would
be best mailing that person directly.. and then posting to the list to
let us know :-)