[Stackless] Listening to a socket with stacklesslib

Jeff Harper jeff1.61803 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:30:17 CEST 2012

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com wrote:
> But I am not sure if that has the same problem.  What I think the
> problem is, is that the replacement socket module is not getting
> pumped.  This means that no events are being noticed, like the
> accepting of an incoming connection, and  therefore all blocked
> tasklets block indefinitely

Richard Tew,

Thanks for the response.  I didn't know there was a newer version
of stacklesslib.  I will definitely give it a try.  I had hoped
that by calling the MainLoop.run method, stacklesslib would "get
all the pumping it needs."  Here's the code in s.py that calls
MainLoop.run().

if GO_STACKLESS:
    stackless.tasklet(do_server)()
    app = stacklesslib.main.MainLoop()
    app.run()

Is there something else I need to do to pump the socket module?
.