[Stackless] Stackless 3.3

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Fri Jun 22 11:51:17 CEST 2012

Howdy,
The time approaches when a stackless version 3.3 needs to be prepared.

Now, what is the right and proper way to do it in this Hg day and age?

Here's how far I can go:

1)      pull the cpython changes into the stackless (stackless is a superset of cpython, contining additional branches).

2)      (optional) update the stackless branches with whatever the corresponding cPython branches have been up to.  this should be straightforward.  We should probably integrate them at strategic release points, as well as their head versions.

3)      Create a stackless3.3. branch, by merging stackless 3.2 into the cpython 3.3 branch.  This is where I'm not sure how to do it.  Any tips?