[Stackless] Stackless vs Eventlet

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Sat Jun 23 21:20:00 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Could someone explain some of the difference between using Stackless, in
comparison with using Eventlet?

After using Stackless for almost 7 years and having to deal with some
insane bugs (such as hanging on network stack under high load scenarios), I
almost immediately fell in love with Eventlet for its simplicity and
performance for our high network I/O applications.

However, I don't understand the fundamentals of libevent or stackless
enough to know how to compare them.

Any input would be much appreciated, even if it's just a poke in the right
direction on Google ;)

Cal