[Stackless] Stackless 3.3

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 06:36:10 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The time approaches when a stackless version 3.3 needs to be prepared.
>>
>> Now, what is the right and proper way to do it in this Hg day and age?
>>

> No idea, even though I've done this!  I do recall that the documentation was
> ambiguous and unclear.  Please post the process when you work it out :-)
>
> I'll look to see if I made notes when I did this, but I am pretty certain I
> didn't.

>From my notes it looks like the following:

  hg pull [cpython repo url]

Choose the branch to be merged into and the branch to be merged from.

  hg up [branch to be merged into, may include "-r <revisionid>"]
  hg merge [branch to be merged from, may include "-r <revisionid>"]

Watch mercurial bring in all the changesets from the point of common history.

  hg commit.
  hg tag "v3.3.0-slp"

Be absolutely sure you did it right, and aren't going to push
unremovable changes.

  hg push [stackless repo url]

It should be that easy.  In my case, I got the "into" and "from"
branches backwards to begin with and the merge was messy.  After
reversing them, it was pretty straightforward.  That wasn't in my
notes, just a vague recollection.

Anyway, good luck,