[Stackless] pip install stackless-python

Stefan Drees stefan at drees.name
Thu Jun 28 17:37:58 CEST 2012

Hi Chris,

Am 28.06.12 16:51, Christian Tismer wrote (slightly edited):
> Stackless becomes a PyPI package that contains only the binary and the
> few changed library modules.
> After
>          pip install stackless-python
>
> you have stackless inside site-packages, and you get a message that
> tells you
>
>          "Along-side with pythonX.Y, you now have a command
>           slpythonX.Y which you can run as an alternative"
>
> and you can also
>
>          pip uninstall stackless-python

to me this sounds good enough for easing the people into wanting to try
stackless out.

Maybe a different name for the modified python eg. matching the package
name from the install command stackless-python, stackless-python2.7 etc?

I share the view, that a virtualenv is and should allways be an
additional option, transparent for the package.

All the best,
Stefan.