[Stackless] stackless and pyPdf

Avi Goldberg aviindub at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 18:24:55 CEST 2012

Hi There,

I am new to stackless.  I am have a project for work that i wanted to
experiment with using stackless, and it requires several libraries that are
not part of the python core, including:

numpy
scipy
PIL
pyPdf
matplotlib
PythonMagick
pythonMySQL

I am building it on a VM running Ubuntu 12.04 server. I built stackless
from the v2.7 source tar.bz2 found on http://www.stackless.com/wiki/Download.
The build was successful, and i was also successful in building/installing
numpy, scipy, and PIL, but i have gotten stuck on pyPdf.  I am able to
build and install it, but when i import it in stackless python, i get:

ImportError: no module named System

with a stack trace that goes: from pdf import PdfFileReader, PdfFileWriter
--> import filters --> import System

I dont't know if this error has anything to do with Stackless but i didnt
get this installing it in regular python 2.7.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Also, are there any known issues with using any of the other
libraries i posted above in stackless?

Thanks!!
-avi