[Stackless] stackless and pyPdf

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 21:26:39 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Avi Goldberg <aviindub at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to stackless.  I am have a project for work that i wanted to
> experiment with using stackless, and it requires several libraries that are
> not part of the python core, including:
> I am building it on a VM running Ubuntu 12.04 server. I built stackless from
> the v2.7 source tar.bz2 found on http://www.stackless.com/wiki/Download.
> The build was successful, and i was also successful in building/installing
> numpy, scipy, and PIL, but i have gotten stuck on pyPdf.  I am able to build
> and install it, but when i import it in stackless python, i get:
>
> ImportError: no module named System
> I dont't know if this error has anything to do with Stackless but i didnt
> get this installing it in regular python 2.7.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.  Also, are there any known issues with using any of the other
> libraries i posted above in stackless?

There are no known issues, except maybe PyQT.

Recompile Stackless with STACKLESS_OFF defined.  If it is easier, you
can edit Stackless/stackless.h and change:

#define STACKLESS

to:

#define STACKLESS_OFF

Then it should compile to normal Python 2.7, and you can see if System
imports then.  If it does not import, then this is a general
non-Stackless related problem.  If it does import, then I guess we
have a problem.

Alternately, if you don't want to use the preprocessor define, you can
just get the source for Python 2.7, compile it, take the python binary
and replace the Stackless python binary with it.  Then see if System
imports.  Same difference.