[Stackless] Stackless runtime smacking into GIL while a callback is running

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 06:20:00 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Adam Preble <adam.preble at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm assuming that somehow Stackless didn't get the memo that I stole the
> interpreter for a moment for another thread.  Is there some special rules I
> need to honor with it when I do this crazy stuff?

The one key thing with respect to Stackless to keep in mind, is that
tasklets may be composed out of parts of the thread they were created
on.  This means that if you try and run them on another thread.. I'm
not sure what happens.  Is it possible that is your problem?  I find
it a little hard to get a grasp on what you are doing, and exactly
what problem arises from reading your email unfortunately.

> I am using a 2.6 one since it mates up with Boost well.  If we have good
> reason to move on to a newer one, I have to see what mates with Boost now

Don't worry about it.  2.6 onward should be fine, most of the problems
we've fixed over the years are fixed in the SVN branch.