[Stackless] Example stackless REPL?

Adam Preble adam.preble at gmail.com
Thu May 31 08:25:35 CEST 2012

I was curious if anybody had any implementations of the Python REPL that
was Stackless-friendly.  I wanted to embed a Python console in my
application while managing the runtime through Stackless Python.  The main
problem with the code module or even the cmd module is the blocking line
reading calls.  The best alternative I've seen is some non-standard
keyboard polling that lets me defer to schedule() when there's nothing
going on.  With just the code module I see I'll have to re-implement a lot
of stuff.  I only found out about the cmd module tonight and I'm inclined
to try to quickly distort an example Python REPL to cooperate with it, but
I'd rather not if I can avoid it.