[Stackless] Still getting crashes with PySide

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:33:07 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone using PySide with Stackless and getting crashes?

Hi,

Okay, other than the crash on exit I emailed about above, I'm now
getting something more serious.  I've tried reproducing it with
mainline Python 2.7.3 and failed.  There's something broken with
Stackless, and it is directly related to when it is used with PySide.

In the case of the following stacktrace, the VM appears to get
confused or corrupt state.  The sequence of activity is basically to
open a PySide window, open a file dialog, select a file, use the given
path to do file operations.  Why it has suddenly started repeatedly
happening, I do not know.  I've been doing what is now the
reproduction case for the last hour or so without a sign of it.

$ /c/Python27/python qtui.py
XXX lineno: 90, opcode: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qtui.py", line 192, in on_file_open_menu
    line_count = run.UI_display_file(file_path)
    hunk_id = file_info.uint32(f.read(4))
SystemError: unknown opcode

I'll try and find time to look into it, but this isn't how I want to
spend my time :-)