[Stackless] Still getting crashes with PySide

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Nov 15 12:51:04 CET 2012

I was unaware of Anselm's patch until now.
The thing is, stackless has always been able to cope with PyTypeObjects coming from external, because they do not have the Py_TPFLAGS_HAVE_STACKLESS_EXTENSION flag on them and can thus be recognized.  I think Anselm's patch just guarded us against another of those issues.
But is that the issue that was causing the crashes with PySide?  I thought PySide were doing something more sinister, like copying static types and not realizing it had to copy the trailing stackless extensions too.  But I could be wrong.
However, the remaining errors could be just another case where an external type object's size is incorrectly used.