[Stackless] Still getting crashes with PySide

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Nov 23 19:10:42 CET 2012

Hum...

So what we have now is

C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PySide\examples\mainwindows\sdi\sdi.py

Richard, can you please tell me the version of Qt and PySide?

I will try that on OS X, first, because I'm busy with building PySide
anyway. What did you install, a win installer package, a pip thing
or from source?

cheers - chris

On 22.11.12 19:14, Richard Tew wrote:
> No, PySide is considerably more crashy with Stackless involved.  The
> only crashes I get without it, as I use it now without Stackless as
> Christian does, are reconcilable ones.  PySide signals have a declared
> type that are sent through them, send a different type and crash.
> That sort of thing.
>

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Kristján Valur Jónsson
> <kristjan at ccpgames.com> wrote:
>> So, it could be that Anselm's patch solved the last remaining (or last known, rather) issue of Stackless-related Pyside problems, and that the others are just regular PySide bugs that have nothing to do with Stackless...
>>
>> Christian,
>> I started a patch to try to change at how we define the PyTypeObject in stackless, so that the extensions were hidden.  That would make the extensions visible only to code that used them and allow everything else to work as expected...  But it turned out to be complicated.
>> Perhaps I will give it another shot, though.

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023