[Stackless] Still getting crashes with PySide

lars van Gemerden lars at rational-it.com
Fri Nov 30 11:56:26 CET 2012

I am also working with a combination of PySide 1.1.2 (same installer, but
the 1.1.1 version had the same problem) and stackless 2.7 on windows and
have to agree that it is pretty unstable. It is hard to find a pattern in
the crashes and i do not even know whether i have the same problem, only
that the crashes come and go, even when i do not change anything
significant to the code. It also happens when i do not call any code that
uses stackless explicitely (no tasklets are created in the portion of code
that is actually run, apart from the main one I guess). Sometimes i get
"unknown opcode" exceptions; could that be related?

It would be very helpful and comforting for the future of my project if
this were resolved. If I can help, let me know ...

Cheers, Lars

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:10 AM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com>
> wrote:
> > C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PySide\examples\mainwindows\sdi\sdi.py
> >
> > Richard, can you please tell me the version of Qt and PySide?
> >
> > I will try that on OS X, first, because I'm busy with building PySide
> > anyway. What did you install, a win installer package, a pip thing
> > or from source?
>
> I installed PySide-1.1.2.win32-py2.7.exe which I downloaded from the
> PySide website.  It uses QT 4.8 going by the PyPI page.
>
> Yes, sdi.py, like most examples crashes on exit for me.  But every
> example I recall trying crashed in much the same way.
>

> Cheers,
> Richard.

Lars van Gemerden
lars at rational-it.com