[Stackless] Segmentation fault at exit

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 00:37:16 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Andreas Olsson
<andreas.t.olsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been using Stackless for a private project for several years now, and
> it has always worked great. Big thanks to all of you guys. This time though
> I have come across a problem where I am sort of stuck: I don't know in which
> direction to proceed. The problem is that I am getting segmentation fault
> when my program exits. The segmentation fault occurs after my main program
> returns control. When I run the program under gdb the stack trace looks like
> shown below.
>
> The program as such is reasonably complex with a couple of socket
> connections. I don't mind digging around a bit for information, but this
> time I sort of ran out of steam.
>
> I am running: Python 2.6.5 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (python-2.65:88968M, Jun
> 15 2012, 23:48:43) on Ubuntu 12.04
>

> Please, can anyone put me on the right track for how to go about to resolve
> this problem? Any hint is most welcome.

2.6.5 is no longer maintained by us as a branch under source control.

Suggestion 1: Can you upgrade to Python 2.7?
Suggestion 2: We find the fix to this problem from the 2.7 branch, and
either you apply it locally, or we create a hg branch.

I think we should do the latter regardless, but if we can put it off
by you taking suggestion 1..