[Stackless] Segmentation fault at exit

Andreas Olsson andreas.t.olsson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 16:38:21 CEST 2012

Upgrade complete, problem solved.

Big thanks to Richard for putting me on the right track again (in this case
2.7.2 to be specific :-)

Cheers

/Andreas

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Andreas Olsson
<andreas.t.olsson at
gmail.com<http://www.stackless.com/mailman/listinfo/stackless>>
wrote:
>* I have been using Stackless for a private project for several years now,
and
*>* it has always worked great. Big thanks to all of you guys. This time
though
*>* I have come across a problem where I am sort of stuck: I don't know in
which
*>* direction to proceed. The problem is that I am getting segmentation
fault
*>* when my program exits. The segmentation fault occurs after my main
program
*>* returns control. When I run the program under gdb the stack trace looks
like
*>* shown below.
*>*
*>* The program as such is reasonably complex with a couple of socket
*>* connections. I don't mind digging around a bit for information, but this
*>* time I sort of ran out of steam.
*>*
*>* I am running: Python 2.6.5 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (python-2.65:88968M,
Jun
*>* 15 2012, 23:48:43) on Ubuntu 12.04
*>*
*>*
*>* Please, can anyone put me on the right track for how to go about to
resolve
*>* this problem? Any hint is most welcome.
*
2.6.5 is no longer maintained by us as a branch under source control.

Suggestion 1: Can you upgrade to Python 2.7?
Suggestion 2: We find the fix to this problem from the 2.7 branch, and
either you apply it locally, or we create a hg branch.

I think we should do the latter regardless, but if we can put it off
by you taking suggestion 1..