[Stackless] SocketBio and the mysterious sslwrap

Adam Turk adamlturk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:46:35 CEST 2012

List,

2.7.2 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Oct 22 2012, 11:45:30) [GCC 4.5.2]
Stacklesslib Unreleased version  (1.0.4?)
SleekXMPP 1.1.10
OpenSSL 0.9.8

I'm working on a project that requires SleekXMPP to run under Stackless.
Sleek likes to make use of SSL and TLS, and everything seems good until
Sleek calls do_handshake() on the SSLSocket and a call way down the C stack
returns Errno 9 Bad file descriptor. The problem is that SSL will return
this if there's a cert trust problem, but I don't think that's the whole
issue. It's possibly related to the fact that I wasn't able to use
SocketBio, using a proxy object instead to get the _socket.socket
inheritance that _ssl.sslwrap seems to require. There's a note in the
comments for patch_ssl() that mentions a modifed _ssl module that can wrap
any object, not just _socket.socket, but I found no other reference. Sleek
without Stackless and monkeypatching works flawlessly. Has anyone had
similar issues using Stackless with SSL? Possibly even with Sleek?

-Adam