[Stackless] SocketBio and the mysterious sslwrap

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Wed Oct 24 13:48:37 CEST 2012

Ah.
The problem is that the patched _ssl module mentioned in stacklesslib is code that is proprietory to CCP :)
I did this to allow one to wrap a python object, not just a socket, so that the _ssl module would call python callbacks for the actual data transfer, rather than attempt doing its own socket communications.
This would allow you to put any actual transport mechanism in place.

I could make this part of the 2.x stackless distro.

in 3.x, I think , they already use openssl, which is more low level and allows you to drive the ssl thingie yourself.  But I haven't looked.