[Stackless] pypi stackless, how's it going?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:07:52 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Anselm Kruis
<a.kruis at science-computing.de> wrote:
> Last week I was finally able to continue the stackless installer. I just
> released a new version to PyPi, that add Linux AMD64 support.
> This release completes my effort to provide a proof of concept package.

Thanks Anselm, I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

Two questions! :-)

Do you include the modified standard library files from Stackless?
The reason I ask, is that I read somewhere (or seem to recall reading)
that this only includes two additional files or something like that,
which would indicate not.

Also, do you think we should stop making custom Stackless installers?
Or is this something that can be considered distinct?  Building the
installers requires the non-free versions of Visual Studio, which I do
not have.  This generally means that the build process errors, and the
installers seem to work without having been merge module'd to
completion (whatever that means).  And building the installers is a
lot of work, so it would be good to be able to put an end to it and
make pip installable versions for all the different Python versions
instead.