[Stackless] Pycon Canada 2012 and Advice

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 01:42:41 CEST 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Stackless Pythonistas:
>
> The deadline for submitting a proposal for PyCon Canada 2012 is October 1st.
> The details are here:  http://www.pycon.ca/ .
>
> Given that the talk is in November, I was thinking about giving a new
> version of my "How To Solve a Problem Like Santa Claus." This talk was very
> last minute and given on December 17th, 2011. The slides are here:
> http://www.slideshare.net/montrealpython/mp26-how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-santa-claus
> . I am re-working the talk. However I would really appreciate feedback. Also
> I would happily give anyone that wishes to look at the code, access to my
> bitbucket account. One of these days, I'll resume work on it.

It's a good title for a presentation, but personally I am not that
interested in solving problems like Santa Claus or sure why I should
be, off the bat.  I've paged through the presentation, and while it
looks interesting, like most sets of slides they aren't enough on
their own to understand.

If you record yourself giving the presentation and upload it to
youtube or something in not too high a quality, I'm happy to watch it
and give feedback.  As I am sure others would be.

I suggest you make your code publically available and post the link,
so that people (in general) can check it out on a whim so as to make
it more easy to help out.