[Stackless] Stackless tickets 21 and 22 and 2.7.4 release plan

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Tue Apr 30 09:47:55 CEST 2013

Hi,

yesterday I committed the fix for bug http://www.stackless.com/ticket/21
(crash on exit in slp_kill_tasks_with_stacks) and the
enhancement http://www.stackless.com/ticket/22 (soft switch for
decorators) to branch 2.7-slp.

Usually I would prefer a bit more discussion about the changes,
especially for fairly large change like the soft-switch support for
context managers. But I tested the change very thoroughly and couldn't
find any problems. Every relevant code path is covered by test-cases and
I tested on windows 32bit, Linux 64bit with and without PyDEBUG, with
Visual Studio, gcc and clang.

With this changes in place, I propose to tag current tip of branch
2.7-slp as release candidate v2.7.4rc2-slp. Release candidate 2 to avoid
confusion with my unofficial v2.7.4rc1-slp.

I have a fairly crowded schedule for the next two weekends, but I could
build windows installers and update
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/stackless-python on Wednesday. Then we
could release 2.7.4 in about 3 weeks.

@Christian: sorry for committing #21 to quick.

Regards
   Anselm

--
  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22