[Stackless] Missing Modules

Filip M. Nowak stackless at oneiroi.net
Mon Aug 5 22:52:08 CEST 2013

Hello.

On 08/04/2013 09:06 AM, Chris wrote:
> Should the stackless directory be nested in the python directory or
> should it be placed alongside it or should it be in /usr/lib where I
> have it now?
>
> There seems to be an issue with detecting certain modules, which I
> already have installed: http://pastebin.com/mTu9wZKB
>
> Since then, I've installed libsqlite3-dev. sqlite3 no longer appears in
> the list of missing modules. On the other hand, I still can't import
> sqlite3. Moreover, I'm certain some of the other packages are already
> installed, but aren't being detected for whatever reason
>
> Note: I sent this message once and it was rejected. I realized I signed
> up for the mailing list with the wrong email address.

Plain/vanilla Python (which also applies to Stackless) often isn't able
to find some dependencies because of distro-specific tweaks (and
setup.py mojos to be honest). You are probably writing about Debian-like
system. You can try to reconfigure and recompile after adding those
paths to setup.py:

$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
# Multiarch support
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

Here:

======8<======
 447
 448         # lib_dirs and inc_dirs are used to search for files;
 449         # if a file is found in one of those directories, it can
 450         # be assumed that no additional -I,-L directives are needed.
 451         lib_dirs = self.compiler.library_dirs + [
 452             '/lib64', '/usr/lib64',
 453             '/lib', '/usr/lib',
 454             ]
 455         inc_dirs = self.compiler.include_dirs + ['/usr/include']
 456         exts = []

If you need more specific help or described situation isn't the case
here please let me know.

	Cheers,
	Filip