[Stackless] Missing Modules

Chris chris7he at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 03:14:14 CEST 2013

On 08/05/2013 03:52 PM, Filip M. Nowak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 08/04/2013 09:06 AM, Chris wrote:
>> Should the stackless directory be nested in the python directory or
>> should it be placed alongside it or should it be in /usr/lib where I
>> have it now?
>>
>> There seems to be an issue with detecting certain modules, which I
>> already have installed: http://pastebin.com/mTu9wZKB
>>
>> Since then, I've installed libsqlite3-dev. sqlite3 no longer appears in
>> the list of missing modules. On the other hand, I still can't import
>> sqlite3. Moreover, I'm certain some of the other packages are already
>> installed, but aren't being detected for whatever reason
>>
>> Note: I sent this message once and it was rejected. I realized I signed
>> up for the mailing list with the wrong email address.
> Plain/vanilla Python (which also applies to Stackless) often isn't able
> to find some dependencies because of distro-specific tweaks (and
> setup.py mojos to be honest). You are probably writing about Debian-like
> system. You can try to reconfigure and recompile after adding those
> paths to setup.py:
>
> $ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
> # Multiarch support
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
>
> Here:
>
> ======8<======
>   447
>   448         # lib_dirs and inc_dirs are used to search for files;
>   449         # if a file is found in one of those directories, it can
>   450         # be assumed that no additional -I,-L directives are needed.
>   451         lib_dirs = self.compiler.library_dirs + [
>   452             '/lib64', '/usr/lib64',
>   453             '/lib', '/usr/lib',
>   454             ]
>   455         inc_dirs = self.compiler.include_dirs + ['/usr/include']
>   456         exts = []
> ======>8======
>
> If you need more specific help or described situation isn't the case
> here please let me know.
>
> 	Cheers,
> 	Filip

I neglected to mention that I'm on Linux Mint. I've attempted the
solution described here:
http://architects.dzone.com/articles/install-stackless-python

I've tried tweaking said solution as mentioned here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/251791

I've played around with that part of setup.py and added
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu', '/usr/local/lib', and 'opt/stackless/lib'
before running make clean and make to no avail.