[Stackless] Stackless Digest, Vol 119, Issue 13

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 19:40:14 CET 2013

Hi Lars:

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 22:07:20
 +0100
From: lars van Gemerden <lars at rational-it.com>
Subject: Re: [Stackless] monkeypatching

>(oh, i created a tasklet for the bottle microframework run() method, which
>includes the mainn server loop()) ; I only called schedule() on each web
>server request to be able to do anything outside the server mainloop.
>However that had the
 effect that process steps where not executed as >long as the end user sent no requests (some processes do not have any >web component).

I haven't had a chance to carefully look at your code. However from this description, it sounds like a thread/tasklet is blocked on I/O.  This will have the effect of blocking all tasklets in that thread. What you need to do is occasionally call a timeout from the underlying system call (for example, select()) and do a schedule() so other tasklets can run.

P.S - Yahoo's new and improved mail interface is killing me!