[Stackless] Monkeypatching

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 02:07:14 CET 2013

Hi Folks:

This is what I am suggesting. The reactor tasklet before calling the underlying select/poll system call should look at the scheduler queue. If there are runnable tasklets, then call select/poll with a timeout. Otherwise block indefinitely. The idea is if your application is consists of mostly I/O bound tasklets, they will be blocked on channels and will eventually be scheduled and run when there is I/O for them.

I'll write a simple example to illustrate.....