[Stackless] stackless-for-android

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Dec 19 22:50:04 CET 2013

Hi,
No, I didn't get any further.
Basically, it brews down to a lot of manual work to re-do all of the pathes that PythonForAndroid does on a particular Python distro to make it cross-compile for Android.
Since I was working on a virtualbox Ubuntu, with unfamiliar editors and a very clumsy toolchain (PythonForAndroid uses bash, of all things, to do its stuff.  I mean, why not use Python???) I didn't want to go any further.

Ideally, I want to wait for 2.8 to stabilize, and then retry.  If the patches turn out to be benign, then I think we should consider adding Android support to 2.8 and then we would have a Python 2.7-like distribution which crosscompiles for Android out of the box.

It's still going to be a bunch of work.  I wonder, is this something to consider for a PyCon 2014 sprint?