[Stackless] lib_dirs in setup.py

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:06:44 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Milo <stackless at oneiroi.net> wrote:
> This is for stackless 3.2.1 cloned from Mercurial. In detect_modules()
> there are two paths which are currently missing for Debian 7.0:
>
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
>
> They can be found in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu.conf and they
> were added because of multiarch support.
>
> I added them to lib_dirs and all the missing "bits" were detected.
> Please consider adding them too, thanks!

Hi Milo,

This is not something we can necessarily do.

Stackless is a modified version of Python, and we should inherit
things like this from Python, not maintain them over and above as
custom changes.  If this problem exists in the corresponding version
of Python, then it needs to be fixed there and we'd merge it in.  If
the problem does not exist in the corresponding version of Python,
then we've probably mismerged and need to look at that.