[Stackless] lib_dirs in setup.py

Milo stackless at oneiroi.net
Wed Feb 6 08:41:10 CET 2013

On 2/5/2013 7:06 PM, Richard Tew wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Milo <stackless at oneiroi.net> wrote:
>> This is for stackless 3.2.1 cloned from Mercurial. In detect_modules()
>> there are two paths which are currently missing for Debian 7.0:
>>
>> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
>>
>> They can be found in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu.conf and they
>> were added because of multiarch support.
>>
>> I added them to lib_dirs and all the missing "bits" were detected.
>> Please consider adding them too, thanks!
>
> Hi Milo,
>
> This is not something we can necessarily do.
>
> Stackless is a modified version of Python, and we should inherit
> things like this from Python, not maintain them over and above as
> custom changes.  If this problem exists in the corresponding version
> of Python, then it needs to be fixed there and we'd merge it in.  If
> the problem does not exist in the corresponding version of Python,
> then we've probably mismerged and need to look at that.

Hello

Thanks for reply Richard. I checked this and same issue is with
"vanilla" Python 3.3, so I suppose upstream won't add those paths -
there is a patch for multiarch support in Debian's source package for
Python3.2, looks like issue was fixed by Debian maintainers.

Too bad, because this means that Stackless isn't available to GNU/Linux
users without some kind of hacking involved (most distributions are
ignoring its existence so Stackless in their repos).

Did you considered putting self-made packages in download section of
Stackless site?

--
Thanks,
Milo