[Stackless] lib_dirs in setup.py

Milo stackless at oneiroi.net
Thu Feb 7 17:07:33 CET 2013

Hi there.

On 2/7/2013 5:18 AM, Richard Tew wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Milo <stackless at oneiroi.net> wrote:
>> Did you considered putting self-made packages in download section of
>> Stackless site?
>
> Personally, I'd only be willing to put up things I could verify as
> safe - that I put together myself, or by people I can vouch for.

If you have any formal verification process let me know about details :)

> If you are volunteering to make the packages, then what I would be
> willing to do is add a link to a page of yours under the Linux/Unix
> section on the downloads page.  It would of course depend on whether
> you put together a suitable approachable page.  And I'd want to have
> it with a disclaimer that we accept no responsibility for the
> reliability or safety.

Sounds fair.

> But then, can't you just add whatever would be downloaded to "apt get"
> or whatever Debian uses as a package index?

I'll consider contacting with Debian maintainers who are keeping hand
and Python packages. Perhaps they'll decide to add Stackless as an
option but this will make more fuss as there are things like default
install location to agree (among others).

> Also Christian and Kristjan may wish otherwise, for or against.

I will contribute if you are interested.

--
Thanks,
Milo