[Stackless] switching improvements

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Sat Jan 12 08:18:12 CET 2013

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review this.
What I did was to look at the original diff on bitbucket and reapply it in many steps, also re-doing some of the things.  It wasn't that hard, really.  I use "beyond compare" locally which is great for both merging and diffing.
To port between branches, I use the 'transplant' extension to Mercurial.
I wish we could set up our SLP branches so that we could simply use HG merge.  Perhaps that is possible....  If this were Perforce, I would perform a merge and "keep target" for all files.  This would set up the merge state between the branches correctly.  I think we can do the same for HG, but I'm not really a Hg expert.

I'll take your comment as approval, then.  I'll merge the changes over to the other branches and update the official repo at hg.python.org/stackless.

Cheers from Shanghai,

Kristján