[Stackless] Another python crash

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Fri Jan 25 15:42:45 CET 2013

Hi Richard,

I was even able to write a better reliable test case. I attached it to
the ticket.

Am 25.01.2013 04:48, schrieb Richard Tew:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Anselm Kruis
> <a.kruis at science-computing.de> wrote:
>> I just created a new defect ticket http://stackless.com/ticket/9 with a
>> highly experimental patch. Looks like a recursion bug in
>> initialize_main_and_current.
>
> This is an excellent bug report Anselm.  You've really gone above and
> beyond to do as much as you can to isolate the problem and it's cause.
>   If someone else doesn't get time before me, I'll try and see if I can
> understand what the changeset might do to cause these problems.  It
> sounds like you've sorted out a temporary fix which will do the trick,
> and doesn't leave you hanging waiting for something to solve your
> problems.
I usually try to solve my problems myself, because I can't wait or
expect them to be solved. :-) I'm maintaining a commercial HPC-jobflow
solution based on stackless python. Pretty cool stuff, used by two
German automakers.  :-)

Best regards
   Anselm

--
  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22