[Stackless] Recreating a stack

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Mon Mar 4 09:24:33 CET 2013

And https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sPickle contains useful examples too.

Resources like open files/sockets and similar things are a problem.
Usually there is no general way to handle them.

Cheers
   Anselm

Am 03.03.2013 19:33, schrieb Richard Tew:
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Fábio Santos <fabiosantosart at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Out of an itch to experiment with the innards of Python I've been wanting to
>> implement a fork() call which works across a network.
>>
>> This would also make fork() accessible in windows systems.
>>
>> To do this, I would need to pickle (or otherwise serialize) the whole call
>> stack and send it through a socket.
>
> This is already possible with  Stackless pickling, as long as there is
> no extra C state, and I believe the same version of Python is in use
> on the other "nodes".
>
> It's covered along with a general introduction to STackless in this blog post:
> http://jessenoller.com/blog/2009/02/23/stackless-you-got-your-coroutines-in-my-subroutines
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.

  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22
  email A.Kruis at science-computing.de             80807 München, Germany
  phone +49 89 356386 874  fax 737               www.science-computing.de
Gerd-Lothar Leonhart
Vorstand/Board of Management: