[Stackless] Stackless Python 2.7.3

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Tue Mar 19 11:33:05 CET 2013

Hi Werner,

I'm not in charge to give a definitive answer to your question, but I
doubt that anybody will create an official 2.7.3 tarball. Some stackless
bugs were fixed after the release of CPython 2.7.3 and nobody did
backport these fixes to 2.7.3. The best choice is probably the tip of
the branch "2.7-slp". You can download the current version from
http://hg.python.org/stackless.

Regards
   Anselm

Am 15.03.2013 18:59, schrieb Werner Thie:
> Hi all
>
> will there be an export tarball of 2.7.3 on
> http://www.stackless.com/binaries/
>
> I'm asking because homebrew on the Mac is relying on websites providing
> tarballs for the basic formula.
>
> Is there such a thing like a naming convention for having side by side
> installations with standard python, like
>
> python27-slp
>
> with site-packages being in
>
> HOMEBREW_PREFIX+"lib/python2.7-slp/site-packages
>
> Thxs, Werner

  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22
  email A.Kruis at science-computing.de             80807 München, Germany
  phone +49 89 356386 874  fax 737               www.science-computing.de
Gerd-Lothar Leonhart
Vorstand/Board of Management: