[Stackless] Announcement: Unofficial Stackless Python 2.7.4rc1 available

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Thu Mar 28 18:57:32 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm currently working on a reimplementation of the PyPi
"stackless-python" package. For this purpose I need a version of
Stackless Python, that exactly matches a recent CPython 2.7.

Fortunately CPython 2.7.4rc1 is available since a few days. I merged the
CPython 2.7 branch at tag v2.7.4rc1 with Stackless 2.7-slp branch and
created an unofficial Stackless-Python 2.7.4rc1. How to get it:

- hg clone https://bitbucket.org/akruis/fg2python
   Check out tag "v2.7.4rc1-slp"
or
- Download https://bitbucket.org/akruis/fg2python/get/v2.7.4rc1-slp.tar.bz2

I also created a Windows x86 MSI Installer. It is available at
https://bitbucket.org/akruis/fg2python/downloads/python-2.7.4rc1-stackless-by_akruis.msi

So, if anybody still depends on Stackless Python 2.7, please test it and
report Stackless specific issues to this list or to the Stackless
issue-tracker at www.stackless.com.

Regards
   Anselm

--
  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22