[Stackless] stacklesslib & tealet

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed May 1 14:46:11 CEST 2013

Hi Werner,

did not find the reference, yet.
But you are right, the replacement of standard Python idea is gone,
in favor of peaceful co-existence and avoiding any clashes.

I think it is ok for homebrew to name the package Stackless or
Stackless-Python
or what you prefer. It would have a good effect for the project if an OS X
installer is in homebrew, of course.

Agreed, homebrew does a good job at keeping things seperate and does
not replace the system python. The trouble the maintainers might fear is
a second version that might collide with python or python3.

Is it possible to parameterize the "brew link" part to give the users
the option
if they _want_ stackless to act as the "python" command? This might be
ok, if
the default is different, maybe "slpython".

Do you have stackless as a "tap" version, like what Lars mentioned?
https://github.com/larsimmisch/homebrew-avr
I'd like to try it, then.

Other idea: How many changes are needed to turn homebrew python into
stackless?
It might be very little that does not change at all over time, so maybe the
stackless formula can such in the python version, modify it and run then?

So yeah, I'm all for it - cheers
   -- chris

p.s.:
Still, what I additionally want to support on all relevant platforms
and seem to have already for OS X is
"pip install stackless", and you get a piggy-back add-on that behaves
like an extension module. (Although it is not, and it does not scale
when something else wants to replace the kernel, too...)