[Stackless] Stackless Python 2.7.4rc2 available

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Mon May 6 21:07:46 CEST 2013

Hi Richard,

obviously one of the files Parser/Python.asdl or Parser/asdl.py or
Parser/asdl_c.py is newer that Include/Python-ast.h. This causes make to
recreate the file from its source and the recreation requires python in
$PATH.

To work around this issue, simply touch Include/Python-ast.h and
Python/Python-ast.c.

A comment in Makefile.pre.in: "# XXX Note that a build now requires
Python exist before the build starts". We change this requirement for hg
checkouts or archives created by hg archive.
But we can build our official source archive in a way, that make this
problem less likely. The mainline Python 2.7.4 release tarball contains
the directories in a certain non-alphabetic order putting Parser near
the top. This makes Include/Python-ast.h and Python/Python-ast.c a bit
more current that Parser/Python.asdl. Perhaps we should use the same order.

Cheers
   Anselm

Am 06.05.2013 03:52, schrieb Richard Tew:
> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Anselm Kruis
> <a.kruis at science-computing.de> wrote:
>> Source:
>> - Check out the source from mercurial:
>>    $ clone -r v2.7.4rc2-slp http://hg.python.org/stackless
>> - Or download the source archive from www.stackless.com
>
> I am using mingw.
>
> 1) If I download the mainline Python 2.7.4 release tarball and
> configure, and make, it will proceed to build.
>
> gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-protot
> ypes  -I. -IInclude -I./Include   -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Modules/python.o ./Modules/
> python.c
> gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-protot
> ypes  -I. -IInclude -I./Include   -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Parser/acceler.o Parser/acc
> eler.c
>
> 2) If I clone Stackless and update to 2.7.4rc2-slp, configure, and
> make, it will not proceed to build. This also happens if I "hg
> archive", so isn't a special "in repo directory" behaviour that
> someone's dreamed up.
>
> /bin/mkdir -p Include
> ./Parser/asdl_c.py -h Include ./Parser/Python.asdl
> /usr/bin/env: python: No such file or directory
> make: *** [Include/Python-ast.h] Error 127
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.

  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22
  email A.Kruis at science-computing.de             80807 München, Germany
  phone +49 89 356386 874  fax 737               www.science-computing.de
Gerd-Lothar Leonhart
Vorstand/Board of Management: